Skip to main content

Texas Rangers Trade Deadline ~ Dallas Cowboys Issues ~ Shark Week

GO RANGERS!!! 49-51
9th in the AL (American League)
3rd in the AL West (17 games behind the Houston Astros)

Are you still cheering for the Texas Rangers? 

I am! 

"But they're not even at .500!" 

True, but they're still my team. 

I want them to win, even if we're not going to the World Series this year. 

So, what do we need to do to win? 

Broken Record... Pitching.

Yu Darvish is our most appealing pitcher to put up for sale. Sounds harsh, but it's a business. And Yu will probably be glad he's traded to another team that is in the race for the Pennant this year. 

Darvish's current stats... 
3.44 Earned Runs Average (ERA)
133.1 Innings Pitched (IP)
143 Strikeouts (SO)
6 Wins (W)
8 Losses (L)

He ranks 9th in the American League in ERA and 4th in Strikeouts. 

Who is in the hunt? We've heard that the Yankees and Dodgers have called with interest. The Dodgers just had our very own, Dallas native, Clayton Kershaw go on the DL for 4-6 weeks with a back injury. They pretty much have the National League clinched for 1st place. And despite Darvish's poor performance in the Postseason for the Rangers in 2016, he is still a great addition for any roster, except ours. 

2012 Postseason - 2.70 ERA (pre-Tommy John surgery)
2016 Postseason - 9.00 ERA (post-Tommy John surgery)

Here are his stats this year vs. the NL...

3.68 vs. New York Mets
1.29 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
4.50 vs. San Diego Padres

He starts Wednesday night vs. the Miami Marlins. This may be his last night pitching as a Texas Ranger. 

This is our last week to shop around and make trades before the deadline on Monday, July 31st at 3:00 PM CST

Keep your phones near and your ESPN alerts on!

ADRIAN BELTRE

Y'all - he has 2993 hits! 7 away from 3000! 

I hope he hits it this weekend while I'm at the game for my bday!! What a gift! Another man's accomplishments and my fandom! haha! I'm a sports nerd... I'm so aware!! 


One final note... 

The sweet lady that my parents and I used to sit by in our season ticket seats passed away this week. 


She's the sweet lady with the drum that sits behind home plate and plays when the DJ doesn't have music going. She always got the drum going in the 8th and 9th - especially when the Rangers were down. 

In the past few years she wore oxygen to the games and had a relative helping her get to her seats. We knew she was getting older and the games in Texas tend to get hotter, but we would still look for her.

She would have been 91 years old on July 31st. Only two days after my bday. I'll try to carry in her footsteps and attend as many games as I can. We'll cheer loudly this weekend in her honor! 


photo taken by my Mom - 2015

GO TO A GAME! SUPPORT YOUR TEAM! 
Click here for the full Rangers schedule
#TexasRangers
#NeverEverQuit
#LoneStarGrit
+Texas Rangers 
Follow @rangers on Twitter


GO COWBOYS!!! 

If you've missed the 80's and 90's Cowboys... you have them back! 

The only problem is we now have social media and we still don't have a Super Bowl ring, in the past 22 years. 

Jerry Jones himself said we wouldn't have won Super Bowls without Charles Haley and Michael Irvin, both in the HOF. I'm sure those guys are glad we didn't have social media back then! 

We all make mistakes! More than any one of us will ever admit. 

However, it would be nice to see consistency within the team from an ownership perspective. Accountability is something we all need. And 21 year old millionaires really need it! 

I'll spare you the list of issues that have derived from poor decision making skills from quite a few of our players. What's done is done and the punishment should come from the NFL or the Cowboys. 

Good News... 

Dak seems like a responsible guy! 

And all players, except Lucky Whitehead, are in Oxnard, CA at training camp. 

One bright spot is we signed a 2-year extension with Right Tackle (RT) La'el Collins. He played at LSU and is a great asset for our Offensive Line! Stay out of trouble La'el!! We need you!! 

Here's our upcoming Preseason schedule! First game is next Thursday, August 3rd during the HOF weekend. 
#dallascowboys
#CowboysNation
#ilovefootball
Follow +Dallas Cowboys on Twitter @dallascowboys 

Random Info:
Shark Week. 

Ooohhhhhh... Ahhhhhh!! 

I'm recording most of the shows. Only to go back and waste hours that I don't have learning about an animal I hope I never meet personally. 

Why? 

I remember that I told my parents that I wanted to be a Marine Biologist in High School. I'm pretty sure that is because I wanted to go to school at Florida State and it was a degree they offered. 

Then I realized you have to go under water and try to stay calm. Not my thing. 

For those who have gone snorkeling with me, I burn about 1,000 calories just getting in the water in the middle of the ocean. I borderline hyperventilate. Eventually I calm down, but I'm much more comfortable on a stand up paddle board, surf board or a kayak! All things that make me look like a dying seal or a sea turtle, aka prey. 

Good times. 

BTW... they just featured Great White Sharks in Montauk, NY. One of my favorite places ever. Whelp... add it to my list of places I can't surf. I'll have to stick with Costa Rica. I pretend sharks don't live there. 

Go Shark Week! 

#SharkWeek
#hugsomeone
#notashark

~smile~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirk Nowitzki ~ Dallas Cowboys Free Agency ~ Texas Rangers ~ Selection Sunday ~ Loveland, CO

GO MAVS!!! 27-36  (wins - losses) Dirk, Dirk, he's our man... if he can't do it... no one can!!!  Well, only 5 other guys can and have.  Dirk is now 6th on the all time list of NBA players to score 30,000 points . This is a crazy accomplishment. He's played over 1,300 games in his 19 year career with the Dallas Mavericks.  His commitment to this team and to our city has been life changing for many. He does a lot in our community through the Dirk's Heroes Foundation . Fundraising and giving grants to non-profits in our community and around the world that are making an impact in the lives of children and families in need.  Back in the day, the Mavs games were fun to watch with the " Three J's " - but we didn't win a lot, and we never thought we would make it to the playoffs consistently, much less to the NBA Finals. ( Three J's: Jimmy Jackson, Jamal Mashburn, Jason Kidd - here's a funn

Week 11: Baltimore Ravens vs. Dallas Cowboys ~ Mavs ~ Gift Guide for Black Friday

GO COWBOYS!!! 8-1 1st in the NFL (I've died and gone to Heaven) 1st in the NFC EAST Sunday, November 20th Baltimore Ravens vs. Dallas Cowboys  (home team is second) 12:00 PM CST on CBS First things first... the Cowboys are playing amazing football right now! Even sportscasters who don't like the Cowboys can't stop talking about them.  I mentioned last week that we are the most balanced team in the league. When your Offense and Defense share an even amount of time on the field, it is easier to stay fresh and productive. If you leave your D out there too long, they're bound to make mistakes. So even with our Offense being as productive as they are, they are still staying on the field long enough to keep it balanced.  The Cowboys have a total of 219 first downs this season and lead the league at Offensive time of possession, 33:39 minutes ( an NFL football game is made up of 4 quarters, 15 minutes each, a total of 60 minutes ).  Ton

POSTSEASON BASEBALL: Toronto Blue Jays vs. Texas Rangers ~ Baseball Etiquette ~ Dallas Cowboys Over-reaction Tuesday

GO RANGERS !!! ALDS PLAYOFFS - THIS THURSDAY It's official... we are playing the Toronto Blue Jays in the ALDS.  Dang it.  I can't stand the Blue Jays. They have trashy fans. No, literally, they throw trash on the field .  And Jose Bautista is a punk. No one needs your bat flippin' drama!  And we all remember this... Odor punching Bautista earlier this year. Watch . All the sports people are going to have a field day over this. I bet they wish they had given us the evening time slots now! Except that Toronto's TV ratings don't count, eh?  How we win... stay focused. Eliminate the drama. We beat them during the regular season. We can do it again. No hitting batters, no one getting ejected. We need our entire roster in the ALCS. We need to play Texas Ranger baseball. Period. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Games 1 and 2 are this Thursday at 3:30 PM and Friday at Noon in Arlington, TX. Games 3 and 4 are Sunday and Monday in Toronto.   No,