Skip to main content

Memorial Day ~ Texas Rangers ~ Dallas Cowboys ~ Cryotherapy

MEMORIAL DAY

It is Memorial Day weekend. I hope you do three things for me... actually four... 

1. Pray for our Troops, Service Men and Women. 
2. Thank them. Shake their hand. Send a card. Make a phone call. Be inconvenienced for those who are constantly inconvenienced for your freedom. 
3. Pray for their Families. Hug them. Support them. Invite them into your homes to share meals with them and encourage them while their loved one is overseas or on a mission. 
4. Remember Them. If you haven't ever been to Arlington National Cemetery; I would add it to the top of your list of places to visit in the U.S. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is beyond humbling.






There are many ways people will celebrate Memorial Day... BBQ with the family and friends, out on the lake, traveling to another country, or at a Rangers Game. Wherever you choose to be this weekend of remembrance and gratitude, please go out of your way to do something for others. Life is not about us

#MemorialDay #remember #freedom #America #USA #SupportOurTroops

GO RANGERS!!! 27-20
2nd in AL West
4th in AL

If the rain holds off, I hope to attend the Rangers game with my family Friday night. The first time the Rangers will play the Pittsburg Pirates since 2013. Cole Hamels (5-0, 2.83 ERA, 62K) is pitching vs. Jonathon Niese (4W-2L, 4.75 ERA, 39K... W=wins, L=losses, ERA=Earned Runs Average, K=strikeout).

Yu Darvish has his first start in the Majors, after Tommy John surgery, Saturday vs. Pittsburg Pirates. 

If we can get our Offense going and get our pitchers more support... we'll be in good shape moving into June! 

If you miss Yu Darvish's first start Saturday, his next start is scheduled for Friday, June 3rd vs. Seattle. 



p.s. If you didn't hear yet... Rougned Odor's 8 game suspension, for punching Bautista in the face, was lessened to 7 games. Jurickson Profar, our golden boy from two seasons ago, will once again come up to the majors and help out while Odor is serving his suspension. 

Friday night Fireworks (my favorite) - almost any Friday

#NeverEverQuit
Follow @rangers on Twitter

GO COWBOYS!!!
TRAINING CAMP STARTS IN JULY

The Boys are having walk-thru practices, meet and greets, and team workout sessions. Even the guys who were Drafted have to earn their spot on the team and in the rotation. 

Everyone seems to love Ezekiel Elliott. I know he's a kid, out of college, with possibly too much confidence... but we need that right now. What fresh blood do we have on our team, besides on our Offensive Line? Nada. 

Back in the day, we used to have all young players with attitudes. That's the team we won 3 Super Bowls with!!! 

Now, we're probably at a median age of 27 on our Roster and it is nice to have the young blood mixed with some Veterans who are able to level their expectations. 

Here a few highlights from OTA... read on


Random Info:
So, I am perpetually injured. Not something I enjoy, but it's where I'm at. 

I've been going to physical therapy for a recent injury and decided to purchase a Living Social coupon for Cryotheraphy. I am always icing and using heat to try to help this injury heal. So, I decided to be a professional athlete and try Cryo. 

I found this article that explains it perfectly and gives the best live view of what a Cryo session looks like and probably feels like. 

The First time you go, you only go for two minutes. The longest two minutes of your life. The Second time you go, you go for three minutes. The longest three minutes of your life. 

I do feel energized afterwards. I feel like I should do jumping jacks or something to make sure my heart hasn't gone Elsa on me and become Frozen. Or was that Anna? Anyway... 

I think it helps??? I've had so many random treatments done... laser treatments to reduce swelling, acupuncture, dry needling, compression... you name it, I've tried it. 

Bottom line, it hasn't killed me, yet. I'm alive and it is supposed to help you sleep better. I've been so tired lately, I can't tell if it's the Cryo, or the weather and allergies, or work stress... ha! 

All I can say is try it. If you don't have major health concerns. I purchased my Living Social deal for $30 for 3 sessions at a place in Frisco, TX. Sadly, if I want to continue this ice-capade (get it, escapade, but ice)... most places have monthly memberships that are around $150 for unlimited use. It has the same rules as tanning places, I think? Once a day. 

Happy icing!!!! And Hopefully... Happy Healing!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NO COMPLAINING CHALLENGE... 

So, recently, a friend of mine challenged me to not complain for a week. It was very difficult and something I didn't want to do in a fake or half-hearted way. I'm not good at being that type of person anyway. 

So, I've told other people in my life, mainly at work, that I am trying not to complain. It's worked!!! I have let go of things I've been holding on to... I'm trying to focus on what I should be thankful for each day, and not get overwhelmed when I think of the future. That's where I'm at. That's probably where I've always been, but now I'm acknowledging it. So yeah... I challenge each one of you to not complain for a week! You WILL fail... but You WILL also Succeed!!! 

"Sadness is easier because it's surrender. I say, make time to dance alone waving one hand free." ~ Elizabethtown (it's a movie, a great movie)

~smile~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirk Nowitzki ~ Dallas Cowboys Free Agency ~ Texas Rangers ~ Selection Sunday ~ Loveland, CO

GO MAVS!!! 27-36  (wins - losses) Dirk, Dirk, he's our man... if he can't do it... no one can!!!  Well, only 5 other guys can and have.  Dirk is now 6th on the all time list of NBA players to score 30,000 points . This is a crazy accomplishment. He's played over 1,300 games in his 19 year career with the Dallas Mavericks.  His commitment to this team and to our city has been life changing for many. He does a lot in our community through the Dirk's Heroes Foundation . Fundraising and giving grants to non-profits in our community and around the world that are making an impact in the lives of children and families in need.  Back in the day, the Mavs games were fun to watch with the " Three J's " - but we didn't win a lot, and we never thought we would make it to the playoffs consistently, much less to the NBA Finals. ( Three J's: Jimmy Jackson, Jamal Mashburn, Jason Kidd - here's a funn

Week 11: Baltimore Ravens vs. Dallas Cowboys ~ Mavs ~ Gift Guide for Black Friday

GO COWBOYS!!! 8-1 1st in the NFL (I've died and gone to Heaven) 1st in the NFC EAST Sunday, November 20th Baltimore Ravens vs. Dallas Cowboys  (home team is second) 12:00 PM CST on CBS First things first... the Cowboys are playing amazing football right now! Even sportscasters who don't like the Cowboys can't stop talking about them.  I mentioned last week that we are the most balanced team in the league. When your Offense and Defense share an even amount of time on the field, it is easier to stay fresh and productive. If you leave your D out there too long, they're bound to make mistakes. So even with our Offense being as productive as they are, they are still staying on the field long enough to keep it balanced.  The Cowboys have a total of 219 first downs this season and lead the league at Offensive time of possession, 33:39 minutes ( an NFL football game is made up of 4 quarters, 15 minutes each, a total of 60 minutes ).  Ton

POSTSEASON BASEBALL: Toronto Blue Jays vs. Texas Rangers ~ Baseball Etiquette ~ Dallas Cowboys Over-reaction Tuesday

GO RANGERS !!! ALDS PLAYOFFS - THIS THURSDAY It's official... we are playing the Toronto Blue Jays in the ALDS.  Dang it.  I can't stand the Blue Jays. They have trashy fans. No, literally, they throw trash on the field .  And Jose Bautista is a punk. No one needs your bat flippin' drama!  And we all remember this... Odor punching Bautista earlier this year. Watch . All the sports people are going to have a field day over this. I bet they wish they had given us the evening time slots now! Except that Toronto's TV ratings don't count, eh?  How we win... stay focused. Eliminate the drama. We beat them during the regular season. We can do it again. No hitting batters, no one getting ejected. We need our entire roster in the ALCS. We need to play Texas Ranger baseball. Period. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Games 1 and 2 are this Thursday at 3:30 PM and Friday at Noon in Arlington, TX. Games 3 and 4 are Sunday and Monday in Toronto.   No,